Sarpy Badge

How Do I -

Report a Crime


  • Medical emergencies
  • Crimes in progress or recent occurrences
  • Suspicious persons, vehicles or activities
  • Fights, disturbances, riots
  • Traffic accidents
  • Fires in structures, vehicles, trash, grass and brush
  • Carbon monoxide detector activation

To report a non-emergency crime in Sarpy County, call our 24-hour number at 402-593-4111.

If you would like further information, you may call our administrative office between 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, at 402-593-2288.

Inventory my property

ReportIt - Citizen Property Inventory System lets you securely store serial numbers, item descriptions, pictures, and scans of receipts so that your items may be more easily identified in the event of theft or loss.

Request a Vacation Watch

It is reassuring to give your home a little added protection when you are away on vacation. By submitting a Vacation Watch, our officers will physically check your residence periodically each day during your absence. Interested in this?
Request using the Vacation Watch Form

Request Approval for a Block Party

Please complete the following Block Party Application online at least TEN business days before the date of the party.

Report or obtain a Motor Vehicle Crash Report

If you are involved in motor vehicle crash -
♦ Stop vehicle at the scene of the crash or as close as possible.
♦ Assist the injured if aid is necessary or requested and notify emergency authorities.
♦ Use flares, reflectors, flashlights to alert traffic from all directions.
♦ Exchange information with the other drivers to include: • Name, address and telephone number. • License plate number. • Driver’s license number. • Insurance information. • Make, model and year of vehicle.
♦ If you hit an unattended vehicle, contact the proper authorities and provide written information as outlined above where the owner can find it.
♦ Obtain the names and addresses of witnesses.
♦ Do not leave the scene of the crash until released by proper authorities.
♦ Complete a Driver’s Motor Vehicle Accident Report and send it to the Department of Transportation within ten (10) days if any person is injured or killed, or damage appears to exceed $1000 for any vehicle or piece of property.
♦ Failure to report a crash as required is unlawful and persons in violation shall be guilty of a Class II or III misdemeanor and may have their license or privilege to drive revoked.

If you are involved in a motor vehicle crash, you may file your crash report through the State of Nebraska Online Crash Reporting website. If you need to obtain a copy of the completed crash report, you may do so through the website.

Use the Safe Zone

A Safe Zone is located in the parking lot of the Sarpy County Law Enforcement Center, west of the Sarpy County Courthouse at 1208 Golden Gate Drive Papillion, NE. The Safe Zone area is east of the main entrance doors of the Sarpy County Law Enforcement Center on the building's south side. There are two parking stalls clearly marked with “Sarpy County Sheriff’s Office Safe Zone” signs. The Safe Zone can be utilized by the public for on-line buying exchanges (e.g. Craig’s list) or for custody exchanges. The Safe Zone is under camera surveillance and recorded 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.

Register as a Sex Offender

Any person subject to the Sex Offender Registration Act is required to report in person to the Nebraska State Patrol Troop A Headquarters, 4411 S. 108th St. in Omaha for the purposes of initial registration within three (3) working days after becoming subject to the Act. If a person subject to the Act has moved to Sarpy County from another state where they were on the Sex Offender Registration for that state, they must complete an initial registration with the Nebraska State Patrol.

All initial registrations must be conducted at NSP Troop A Headquarters, not at the Sarpy County Sheriff's Office

Any changes to a sex offender registrant’s address, employment, vehicle information and phone numbers must be made at the Sarpy County Law Enforcement Center, 1208 Golden Gate Drive, in Papillion, in person within three (3) working days of the change, if the registrant lives or works in Sarpy County.  All changes must be completed in person.

All periodic verifications and 30 day transient updates must be done in person at

Sarpy County Law Enforcement Center
1208 Golden Gate Drive
Papillion, NE 68046. 
Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Please call 402-593-4325 to make an appointment.
(Appointments are recommended)
Questions regarding the Registry can be directed to 402-593-4325.

Obtain a Handgun Permit

Sarpy County Sheriff's Office is open between 8:00 am - 4:45 pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).


  • 21 years or older
  • Sarpy County resident
  • 3 total years of address history needed on application
  • $5.00 Application Fee (cash or check)

Needed Documentation to Apply:

Military Dependent
Non US Citizen
Nebraska ID
with current
Sarpy address
Nebraska ID
with current
Sarpy address
Nebraska ID
with current
Sarpy address
Nebraska ID
with current
Sarpy address
  Drivers license / ID
(out of state)
Drivers license / ID
(out of state)
Provide 90 consecutive days proof of residency
Proof of Sarpy address
(utility bill, Nebraska vehicle registration, lease agreement)
Proof of Sarpy address
(utility bill, Nebraska vehicle registration, lease agreement)
Valid I.C.E. issued Alien number
Military ID
Military ID
  PCS Orders
PCS Orders of Active Military

Each box must be filled in on application
Each question must be answered on application
Application must be signed and dated


To obtain a Nebraska Concealed Handgun Permit, you will need to do so through the Nebraska State Patrol. For more information, click here to access the NSP web site ----> Nebraska Concealed Handgun Permit.

Get a Vehicle out of Impound

If your vehicle has been towed, call our Impound Lot at 253-2590.

Get My Fingerprints Taken

  • Fingerprints for the public will only be taken on Saturdays and Sundays from 9 am to 8 pm.
  • A government issued photo ID; such as a driver’s license, state ID or passport, is required.
  • The charge for fingerprints will be $20 for the first card and $5 for each additional card.
  • Cash only, exact change.
  • Children are not allowed in the jail during fingerprinting.
  • It is recommended that you call the Jail at (402) 593-2299 prior to arriving to determine wait times.

Take care of a Traffic Ticket

If you have received a traffic ticket and if the citation indicates that you do not have to appear in court, you can opt to pay the fine at the Sarpy County Court Office, 402-593-5775. If your citation indicates that you have to appear, then you must appear at the time and date indicated on the citation.

File a Formal Complaint


To file a formal complaint, click here to download the form in English. This is a PDF file. You need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer to open this file. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer please download it for free by clicking here.


Favor de Transferir/Bajar el paquete completo sobre QUEJAS al oprimir AQUÍ. Este es un archivo PDF.Usted debe tener Adobe Acrobat Reader en su Computadora para poder abrir ests archivo. Si usted no tiene Adobe Acrobat Reader ensu computadora, favor Transfira/Baje gratuitamente al oprimir AQUÍ.

Recognize a Sheriff's Office employee


Citizens may submit a recognition for Sheriff's Office employees for actions the employees perform. Click here to download the Request for Recognition form. Please follow the instructions on the form to submit your recognition request.


Start of Page

Error processing SSI file